Skip to main content

On a not so happy day...

Dear child,
Some days I don't love you.
I can't, even when I want to.

Some days, I have zero motivation to marvel how you see the world and how original your questions are.
Though I try to give you reasons but some days I wish that a mere "because I said so" were enough.

Some days, I regret buying those colour filled bottles and brushes. I am not able to appreciate your skill and imagination because all I see is mess and those colour stained clothes.

Some days, I can't care less for giving you the previous days' leftovers and I don't feel guilty to serve you pasta AGAIN... Second time in a week! Because I need to save my energy for later....for those struggle filled nights.

Some days, I am too tired to tell you the importance to brush your teeth. On those days, I would rather accept rotten teeth instead of another tantrum just before bedtime.

Some days, I don't bother correct you when you scatter toys in every corner of the house and make it even messier.

Judgemental eyes can wait untill I collect myself and be...
...the loving
 ..the disciplinarian
...the kind and compassionate
...the curiosity-feeder
...the perfect cook
....the logical
...the proud
...the fun-loving
...the right-doer
...the MOTHER YOU DESERVE

- a mother who is tired of having someone as strong willed as herself 😐

P.S. we are almost 3 and testing each other's patience at every possible opportunity. I am a little under the weather and father of this threenager is out of town. After many fights, shouting and crying session...she slept and i am on a guilt tripπŸ˜”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Diwali shopping for us...

Dear baby, Today, I had a little argument with your mausi. She was asking me to buy you new clothes for Diwali. I was saying that we still have 4-5 new dresses and those are perfect for Diwali. She was not convinced. Then your nani also lectured me some for not buying new clothes for Diwali. I tried to tell them that in past people did not have the luxury of buying new clothes every other month, infact, going to the markets was a luxury in itself. So they used to wait for festivals to go to the market and splurge on shopping. The rarity of this was a charm in itself to mark the beginning of the festivities. But.. today, we go outside every other day. Malls are a place to hang out and if you see something CUTE for the kids, the temptation is too hard to resist. Even if you don't go outside then online shopping is there. Hardly goes a month or two when I am not buying some dress or some toys as you are outgrowing your stuff so quickly. Then why all this halla gulla about Diwali

How I met my daughter's father

So, like all once upon a time stories... There was a girl who fell in love despite her family's dinasaurous efforts of keeping her away from any boy. I was made to study in a girls' school, neighborhood boys were given bribery (I am sure, in form of Goldmohar tobacco pouches or cheap beedi) to ignore me completely, my father befriended strictly those who were blessed with girl child only. I am sure Lord Budhha's father didn't put such herculean efforts to keep her son away from worldly sorrows that my father put to keep me away from every male of my age who was not my brother in one simple or some complex way. But... But is a strong word. It opens the doors of opportunities in times as dark as our respected politician's heart. Sitting hundreds of miles away, my father was busy sipping his tea hot after throwing me in one of nation's best  "Girls' University" So, "but happened" in my life and I found that in this high-walled, h

For the sake of love!!!

Have you ever been to a wedding? Ofcourse, you have! Then have you ever wondered about the story behind a wedding? A story that these two people, who are the most confused on their big day, may have? I always think about it. And try to have a sneak peek into their story, if possible. And then, I exclaim at their reasons to get married... πŸ‘‰ Because mummy Papa said he is the right one for me. πŸ‘‰ Because I am 29 and want to get settled. πŸ‘‰ Because he earns well. πŸ‘‰ Because my ex left me. I want to show him. πŸ‘‰ Because he can afford my kind of lifestyle. Be a little more daring and ask parents of bride and groom about their reasons to choose this very Munda or kudi. And the typical answers you will hear are... πŸ‘‰ Because we are of same status. πŸ‘‰ Because he did engineering from so-so institute. πŸ‘‰ Because she is ambitious and dono mil ke kamayenge. πŸ‘‰ Because they will "let her" do job. πŸ‘‰ Because family is so open-minded that they "allow" their DILs to