Skip to main content

A letter to baby's father

Dear HUSBAND,
Life has changed and it has changed fast. I always had doubts how would you cope up when we will have a baby. How would you react when a tiny lil thing will share bed with us. I wondered if you would be jealous that someone has captured all my attention. I never worried about how i would adjust with all these changes as i always felt that motherhood comes naturally to me..as per me, i was born to be a mum.
But it turns out that you are the one to whom parenthood comes naturally. I sometimes get irritated when she keeps me up whole night. In initial days, i looked at her and she looked back wide eyed, i felt for her yet a bond was missing. But such was never the case with you. You two hit the cord instantly right after you held her in your arms, i could sense the love in your eyes. I feel jealous that i didn't feel that way. You are the one whose voice she started to recognize first (as i believe) though i am the one who stayed awake all night to feed her, to change her nappies, to hold her close, to soothe her and to be with her always.
I did everything that my or your mother did to us yet it took some time to develop a bond with her. I wonder how you were attached with her since always though i am the one with whom her cord was connected, literally.
I used to sit and feed her at odd hours when you were sleeping like a baby and i cant tell you how desperately i wanted to come and hug you and kiss you and tell you how adorable you look while sleeping and how very much i love you.
I felt like a man whose wife is snatched from him by a lil kid of his own as you were always engrossed with her. And you,on the other hand, behaved like a woman who does not have time to look at her husband as her all time is given to a tiny tot.
But i guess this is the case with us since always. And now, when i too have forgotten the pain of delivering and have fallen in love with our daughter... I want to thank you for pouring love over her when i was not there to do so.
And i want to thank you to help me remove all the negativity which was eating me up.
It has been almost 9 years since we know each other and you still do not cease to give me new reasons to fall in love with you.

Yours;
Silly, imperfect but head over heels in love with you.. WIFE

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Diwali shopping for us...

Dear baby, Today, I had a little argument with your mausi. She was asking me to buy you new clothes for Diwali. I was saying that we still have 4-5 new dresses and those are perfect for Diwali. She was not convinced. Then your nani also lectured me some for not buying new clothes for Diwali. I tried to tell them that in past people did not have the luxury of buying new clothes every other month, infact, going to the markets was a luxury in itself. So they used to wait for festivals to go to the market and splurge on shopping. The rarity of this was a charm in itself to mark the beginning of the festivities. But.. today, we go outside every other day. Malls are a place to hang out and if you see something CUTE for the kids, the temptation is too hard to resist. Even if you don't go outside then online shopping is there. Hardly goes a month or two when I am not buying some dress or some toys as you are outgrowing your stuff so quickly. Then why all this halla gulla about Diwali

Don't hush them now....

The minute I start scrolling through my social media account, I start seeing #metoo. And as if seeing stories of women who went through all the horrible things was not enough, people are creating jokes with the hashtag, sharing posts against the campaign that are full of lewd comments from equally insensitive people with sick mentality. Isn't it all, at the end, justifying women's decision to stay silent??? They knew that they wouldn't be believed, that they would be seen as gold-diggers and character less! First thing that all the people are asking is, "Why did they stay silent for so long?" I ask, how do YOU know that they stayed silent? May be they spoke but no one wanted to support them and they alone didn't have courage and resources to go against their predators. May be they spoke but their families hushed them. May be they spoke but they had no platform to make their voice audible. May be they spoke but they were threatened. May be..

How I met my daughter's father

So, like all once upon a time stories... There was a girl who fell in love despite her family's dinasaurous efforts of keeping her away from any boy. I was made to study in a girls' school, neighborhood boys were given bribery (I am sure, in form of Goldmohar tobacco pouches or cheap beedi) to ignore me completely, my father befriended strictly those who were blessed with girl child only. I am sure Lord Budhha's father didn't put such herculean efforts to keep her son away from worldly sorrows that my father put to keep me away from every male of my age who was not my brother in one simple or some complex way. But... But is a strong word. It opens the doors of opportunities in times as dark as our respected politician's heart. Sitting hundreds of miles away, my father was busy sipping his tea hot after throwing me in one of nation's best  "Girls' University" So, "but happened" in my life and I found that in this high-walled, h